Pageviews past week

Monday, July 2, 2012

Sleeping in

Day 4 Tuesday July 2
Side Note: Noone has had any trouble as EVERYONE speaks English here, even the German, Sweden and Argentinian tourists we have met.

A view out of the boy's window:

I did not hear any noises from any of the four rooms until 3 pm! I know Jet Lag had finally crept up on many of  our travelers, and know from experience that sleep is the best medicine.
Finally, the housekeeper started knocking at the doors to wake them up.

They fed themselves and decided to souvenir shoppe near Old Town and the Charles Bridge as I mentioned do not shop during the beginning of a tour, as you have to carry everything you purchase the rest of the day.

I am so in love with this group; they listen to all of my traveling advice, I see that they all packed according to the trip guidelines and they are actually interested in their surroundings, the people and the buildings. None have over shopped, in fact, I haven't see any purchases at all, besides food. I am very proud of them spending their parents money wisely! (although they are expected back in a few hours for dinner and I will be able to see their chosen souvenir selections.
A view out the front window of the girl's room:


Today, Joel was up at 5:30 am to get pictures of the Charles Bridge in the best lighting and without any people! He also was walking around the city until 8 am taking pictures. He has napped most of the day as well. I went to the train station and purchased Hannah's train tickets for all of our train legs, and the gifts of the universe show up everywhere, as all of her seats are in our train cars!!!!!!! Usually in summer the train is sold out by the month of travel! I also found an easy route to walk tomorrow am to the train as it is easier to walk 5 blocks then it would be to take the subway 1 stop. The route I found has the least cobblestones, so the rolling duffel bags will roll easier, and there is a pastry/baguette shop which opens at 6 am, so we will be able to purchase our breakfasts and lunch for our train ride, as we are expected to be packed and in the lobby at 7 am and our train departs Praha at 8:30am . We will arrive on Day 5 in Berlin and have a bike tour and concert! Sprechen die Deutsch?

I do not have any pictures of today, but I do want to take a few shots of the rooms to give you an idea of what a really comfortable and large area the quad rooms are. Hopefully, I will post those on this blog later when I upload today's pictures.

Again, please post a comment to let me know you are interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment